Let us first understand what concentration is:
“Concentration is taking your mind off many things and putting it on one thing at a time.”
How to improve your concentration and attention? Why it is important?
Paying attention to what you are doing is one of the most important keys to success.
If you are not able to hold your attention on one thing for some time, how can you accomplish anything?
Successful people are able to focus their mind on their goals day and night, until they accomplish them, be it money, fame, power, self-improvement or meditation.
So how can you improve your ability to focus your mind on your goals, when there are so many things that distract your attention?
Tips for improving concentration and attention:
1. Don’t say you cannot concentrate. Telling yourself that you cannot concentrate only makes it more difficult. By doing so, you program your mind to lack of concentration and attention.
2. Whenever you need to focus your mind, tell yourself over and again that you can concentrate. Tell yourself that you can develop this ability.
3. Remember that in order to improve your concentration you need to train it, like any other skill. If you persevere, and are earnest, in time, you will be able to focus your mind on anything you want.
4. Make deals with your mind. If there is something that is distracting your attention, such as emotional problems or unresolved business problems, tell your mind that all these problems can wait for a little while, and that you will attend to them after you finish what you are doing. If this does not help you, then write down on a piece of paper what problems you have to think about or solve. This will, to some extent, temporarily remove the problems from your mind.
5. Do one thing at a time. Jumping from one thing to another will only teach your mind to be inattentive and lose attention quickly, besides that this kind of mental restlessness can be tiring in the long run.
6. When you focus your attention on anything, be alert, and when you find yourself thinking on something else, try to stay patient, and bring your mind to the subject again and again.
7. Often, when you remember, try to fix your attention on whatever you happen to be doing at the moment.
Few words about concentration from some known personalities See what they Say:-
The American business author and former management professor at the University of New Orleans, Michael Leboeuf, said: “When you write down your ideas you automatically focus your full attention on them. Few if any of us can write one thought and think another at the same time. Thus a pencil and paper make excellent concentration tools.”
“I think the one lesson I have learned is that there is no substitute for paying attention.”(Diane Sawyer)
“Where attention goes, energy flows and results show.” (T. Harv Eker)
“Excellence is in the details. Give attention to the details and excellence will come.”(Perry Paxton)
That is why it’s been said:-
Make it a point to put your full concentration on whatever you are doing. Don’t let anything distract you. It really helps to be in a quiet place, but you can learn to block out noise if necessary.
Understand the essential connection between concentration and energy. Deep concentration is a matter of increasing or directing your life-force or conscious, cosmic energy. The more of this kind of energy you have, the better. Scattered energy doesn’t help. It must be calm, focused energy. Learn to be calmly concentrated and be concentrated calm.
Take breaks. Go outside and breathe deeply or take a brisk walk. Make yourself do this often and you’ll be able to return to your task recharged and ready to focus more creatively.
The above mentioned exercises are based on practical and some Psychological theories.
Tomorrow I will tell you the how can you increase your concentration by using tarot and how can Tarot guide us.
Hope you like this post please feel free to share your views as well.